Thursday, August 31, 2017



What are your expectations for 1) this class and 2) what are your educational goals and your own expectations of yourself as a student in college this semester?


It's hard to say because I am not the person who has a "long Plan" and navigate the rules which help to reach your goals. But I love challenge myself, my skills and learn new things that's why I attending to college. In the beginning it was odd for me after long living in U.S back to school and learn academic writing but later I start to love it because I never had a chance to learn academic English, I learned by myself and I noticed I have a lot of grammar mistake. I know grammar is boring but I have to face to this problem and I don't have any choice to correct my essay by my own and be independent from others. So my first courage was my discourage from translator or other people who I asked them to help me! As a writer this is hardest part of my writing life because took my confident and also best opportunities of me to be more involve to American literature and cultures. Reading is not enough because I have to use my resource and finally I felt I am start to drought and feel left like desert.

In beginning was hard specially creative writing is different with academic writing and I still don't like it. But I don't have any choice to pass this scales and pass ESL classes to can able to get English writing class or American literature class. This is my goals and my encouragement to continue these difficult days!

My educational goals to achieve how to write English poem correctly and learn how to communicate and write academically and correctly because as a same time I am a teacher and it is really important to discuss with students and schools with higher level of English language and have more vocabulary to attract wilder society.

Other goals of my life to can write and translate poems from Persian to English and English to Persian and use my poetry as a bridge to contact between two beautiful and rich cultural readers.

I expect to analyse our reading and writing not only in common way I prefer to enjoying the process. reaching points is still important but I am a person who enjoy going deep on the road and seeing more beauty on the way instead just keep going and speeding to get the goals. So for this part, it's depends of class potential and how professor make class environment happily and positivist. Other hands how we work together to make our semester or our life time is more smooth and useful.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the exact same way, for I also started at a rough point and was not able to conquer the rich English language. But finally I got the time to practice my English in this wonderful class. I really like your idea of interpreting the English to the Persian language. That is a great job to have for it also educational. Keep up the great work and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete